Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anna's Baptism

Our youngest granddaughter, Anna Rose, was baptized yesterday. She looked beautiful in her Christening gown. This gown as become a family heirloom. My sister-in-law, Kathy, made it for our oldest. All four of our children, 3 nieces and nephews and 6 of our 8 grandchildren wore it for their baptisms.
Jim, Anna & Julie

So of course I had to make cards for her! I made the first card for my parents to give her. I used Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette card stock and the cross was made using the Basic Pearls set on an oval from the Ovals Sizzix Die. The bow was made with the Very Vanilla seam binding.



I had originally made another card for us to give her but my husband thought it didn't look like a Baptism card so I headed down to my studio very late the night before we left. While I am not totally pleased with the finished card, I liked the cross element so thought I would share it. I used the Lattice Die and cut out the cross with Whisper White card stock. The cross was covered with Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: