Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jim!

Wow...it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted....it's been a crazy couple of weeks....
A good friend passed away and I was helping his wife (also a great friend) with whatever she needed. Barb how has to acclimate to a whole different lifestyle....please keep her in your prayers.

I was also busy with end of the fiscal year kinds of things...end of one catalog and transitioning to new catalog (which is fabulous!!) along with earning the Cruise to Alaska!!! Yep!!! I made it - and on my birthday to boot!! My daughter, Julie also earned the trip so we are excited!!!!

I have managed to get some (albeit limited) stamping time in. Today's project is the birthday card I made and sent to my son-in-law, Jim.

It features 2 new colors: Early Espresso (one of the new core colors), and Pear Pizazz (one of the
new beautiful In-Colors.


Supplies used: Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz and Very Vanilla card stock; Greenhouse Gala designer series paper; Friends Never Fade & Sincere Salutations stamp set; Early Espresso and Pear Pizazz Classic Ink; Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and the Sizzix Big Shot; Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon; sanding block.

I ran a piece of designer series paper through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then used the sanding block to distress the piece and allowing the embossing to pop some white through the design. I used the Rock & Roll technique on the flower image.

No comments: