Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Stampin' Up! Lovely As a Tree

Here is an oldie but goodie!  This was the very first stamp set I bought 16 years ago.  I don't think Lovely as a Tree will ever retire.  If it does, I will keep it for sentimental reasons.

I need a fall themed card for a swap.  I decided to bring out an old technique that I haven't done in years....literally.  It's called Thumping.  Using Stampin Write Markers, I applied ink to the stamp.  Early Espresso for the tree trunk, Old Olive all over the branches and leaves.  I followed that with tapping Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry to create the effect of a tree beginning to change colors.

I colored some rhinestones with Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Bronze Stampin' Blends to see what color I like best.  I love them all and couldn't decide so used all three colors.

Happy Fall y'all!

Stampin' Up!, www.stampingwithsusan.com, Lovely as a Tree, Thumping,
Pin It!

If you like this card you may also like these;











Product List with links to my on-line store:

No comments: