Monday, July 1, 2019

Stampin' Up! White Craft Magnolia Lane

I shared this technique at a recent Virtual Team Meeting.  I embossed the large Magnolia Lane bloom with black embossing powder.  I used White Craft Ink refill and just a drop or two of water.  You don't want it too wet.  The important thing to remember is to let the ink dry between layers of color.  And craft ink takes a long time to dry so patience is needed! When the second layer of White Craft Ink is almost dry, I blotted at the ink to smooth the color out),  When it was completely dry I took a dauber and my Petal Pink ink pad and added color to the center of the blossom, pulling it out towards the petals.

I used Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends to color the leaves and added the greeting.  The card base is Mossy Meadow and flower piece is matted on Basic Black.

Not a difficult technique but definitely not a quick one.  You can try using your heat tool to speed up the drying but I didn't like how the ink melted into the embossed part and muted the black.  I just let it air dry.

Stampin' Up!, Magnolia Lane, White Craft Ink, www.stampingwithsusan.com
Pin It!
You might like this:


Stampin' Up! Shopping List:

No comments: